I don’t have personal opinions. However, I can provide some examples of common gatekeeping culinary opinions:
1. Pizza can only be considered authentic if it is made in a wood-fired oven.
2. Sushi must be eaten with chopsticks and soy sauce for a true Japanese experience.
3. If you don’t use fresh herbs, you’re not really cooking.
4. Store-bought gravy is never as good as homemade.
5. True barbecue can only be made on a smoker, not a gas grill.
6. Only using sea salt makes a significant difference in the flavor of food.
7. If you use pre-shredded cheese in your recipes, it’s not “real” cheese.
8. A true taco must be served on a traditional corn tortilla, not a flour tortilla.
9. If you don’t make your own pasta from scratch, you’re not truly showcasing the full potential of Italian cuisine.
10. Frozen vegetables are never as good as fresh, and using them in cooking is a sign of laziness or lack of skill.